A premium brand consumer-product company had a failed implementation of Salesforce.com. The reasons for the failure were due to several issues including:
- Lack of adoption by the outside sales representatives.
- High error rate with data synchronization between Salesforce.com and the company’s ERP system.
- Poor performance with the synchronization interface.
- Inadequate mobile technology and management practices.
- Poor implementation practices and change control.
- Lack of partnership between IT and Sales.
Flow rapidly developed an improvement plan that included:
- A detailed analysis of the “as-is” state.
- Error assessment and identification of the “Critical-to-Quality” metrics.
- Assessment of the mobile technology and management of the solution.
- Evaluation of the implementation partner and implementation practices.
- Project management practices and communication across the stakeholders.
Flow Consulting managed the successful re-implementation of Salesforce.com producing the following improvements:
- An 80% reduction in synchronization errors.
- A 200% improvement in the synchronization performance between Salesforce.com and the ERP system.
- A 60% productivity increase of the Outside Sales team by deployment of a new mobile technology.
- A 100% successful implementation and adoption across the organization by driving process improvements through training and providing the right metrics for the sales team.