Complex Acquisition Integration
Three separate companies were acquired by a private equity firm within 6 months, with none of the companies identified as the ‘platform company.’ The challenge was to integrate the three companies into a single operating company as fast as possible. The task included creating common processes as needed and to integrate the parts into a cooperating financial entity.
Flow Consulting tightly managed 14 work streams covering all business processes. This approach included the following:
- Coordinate all consulting firms involved providing services outside Flow Consulting’s expertise.
- Assign Flow consultants to each work stream based on process expertise.
- Provide guidance on change management, organization structure and leadership vision.
- More than $1.5 million supply chain savings in the first year of implementation.
- $17 million in increased sales due to business synergies.
- More than $4 million overall EBITDA impact for year one.
- Playbook developed for each work stream to support future acquisition integrations.