Our mission is to swiftly deliver an agreed upon transformational solution to your business, and to develop the skills within your team to drive the effort internally in the future.
Lamar has 35 years’ domestic and international business experience in uniquely broad and progressive operations. His wealth of business experience and expertise makes him a leader in operations, plant engineering, maintenance, project management, business process improvement, change management, and LeanSixSigma. Lamar is results oriented with a consistent record of exceeding client expectations.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Lean SixSigma — Provide strategic guidance and coordination to implement and execute the structured approach to business improvement that Lean SixSigma and Lean Production systems offer.
- Belt Training and Mentoring — Training, coaching, and mentoring processes for all business improvement practitioners, e.g., Green and Black Belts, and Master Black Belts.
- Operations and Business Process Improvement — Operations transformation initiative to deliver planned outcomes while developing a sustainable Business Improvement (BI) process.
- Effective Stakeholder Engagement and Management — Applied models and tools such as team process, role and task assignment, culture model (systems, symbols, leader behavior) and values continuum, minimum authorities required of the role, enhancement of direct relationships, levels of work, and role clarity for operating, service, and support entities.
- Sustainable Project and Change Leadership — Provide strong formal/informal leadership, and technical/operational experience including system/process design, integrated planning and organizational capability.
- Systems Leadership Coaching — Provide strong formal and informal leadership, and significant technical/operational experience and understanding, including in system/process design, integrated planning and organizational capability.
- Master Black Belt and GM Business Improvement, Rössing Uranium Limited.
- Systems and Process Improvement Manager, MBB, Rio Tinto Copper Group.
- Lean Six Sigma/Business Improvement Champion, Kennecott Utah Copper.
- Copper Smelter Manager, Kennecott Utah Copper.
- Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corp., Plant and Production Manager.
- Frito-Lay, Inc. , Plant Engineering and Plant Maintenance Manager.
- Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corp., Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Engineer, Industrial Engineer.
Education and Associations
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), May 2004, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (BSIE), May 1979, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA