Transformation requires system-wide thinking. Functions, individuals, and departments, within a business must think of the total system to be successful. Otherwise they often negatively affect one another.
Andrew is an experienced multi-dimensional business executive who grew and maintained an innovative plastics manufacturing business. His business acumen includes an in-depth knowledge of the advanced system processes within the Toyota Production System. Andrew’s tenacious drive to produce a successful culture of continuous improvements over a multitude of transformations led directly to a recent Shingo Medallion at an aerospace manufacturer.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Operations Improvement – Visual management systems. Overall equipment effectiveness including change-over-reduction and single-piece flow.
- Standard Work – Developed and implemented advanced leadership standard work. Eliminated “fire-fighting culture” and replaced it with disciplined processes on cycle.
- Business Systems Assessment – Utilized Toyota scorecard and goal deployment to develop roadmap for transformation processes.
- Lean Transformation – “Boots-on-the-Ground” behavior modeling. Systemic process for exposing problems and elimination of repeating problems.
- Owner and President of Quilitad, which was sold to the Reynolds Metals Company, an Alcoa Business.
- Director of Alcoa Business Systems and Quality.
- Director of Plastics, Reynolds Food Packaging, an Alcoa Business.
- Main Tape
- Barnes Aerospace
- Textron Bell Helicopter
- Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Carpenter Steel
Education and Associations
- B. S. — Business, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- Black Belt Six Sigma, Villanova University