Our mission is to swiftly deliver an agreed upon transformational solution to your business, and to develop the skills within your team to drive the effort internally in the future.
Jack Guthrie is a Senior Supply Chain/Logistics Management specialist who offers company Executives and Operations Management professional advisory and consultancy assistance addressing pressing supply chain challenges. He can provide direct leadership and/or bring Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for specific handling of mission critical issues. As a consultant, Jack brings an additional perspective to address problem areas and/or address needs where there is a void due to constraints on staff resources. This perspective brings state-of-the art and current industry “best practices” into the client’s team.
Jack has 25-years’ experience in procurement, materials, and logistics and is a professional experienced in the management and purchase of commodities including raw materials, MRO, and capital equipment as well as systems integration/management and personnel management. Jack is a forward thinking professional with proven capabilities in Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Inventory Management and Supplier Relations, with focus on cost reduction, profitability improvement and team building.
Jack is a flexible and responsive leader with solid business acumen, multi-site personnel management experience, and able to meet rapidly changing market conditions.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Supply Chain & Operations Management – Consult with organizational stakeholders on the development of policy and Supply Chain practices implementing ‘best practice’ strategies and practices.
- Global Sourcing & Logistics – Source from all over the world bringing it in the best, most cost conscious method and on time.
- Supplier Development – Building supplier relations to support corporations during the peaks and valleys.
- Inventory Management – Managing obsolescence and inventory turns maximizing cash flow.
- Lean Manufacturing – Operational assessment and improvement, reducing waste for improved throughput and efficiencies.
- Director of Procurement, Ameriwood Industries, Inc.
- Strategic Sourcing Leader, Crane Merchandising Systems
- COO, Koton Corporation
Education and Associations
- B.S. Agricultural Economics; University of Missouri/Columbia, Columbia, Missouri
- The Institute for Supply Management
- MU Alumni Association