Helping clients achieve results they didn’t think possible is great. Watching them go on to make further improvements with the capability we helped them develop is the best reward we get.
Kelvin Wong is a procurement and quality management professional recognized with expertise in commodity sourcing, quality and project management, identifying and removing risk in the supply chain, on time and with high quality.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Twenty-five years of experience in the area of sourcing, quality management, project management, and capacity management in the electronic industry.
- Twenty-two years of experience with suppliers in China, Taiwan, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Vietnam.
- Drive the setup of accredited ISO9001 and ISO14000 system, and TQM management system for operations in South East Asia.
- Supplier Assessment for initial supplier selection, ISO9001 & ISO14000 quality system audit, social accountability (SA9000) assessment, process audit and high volume production readiness etc.
- Set up of sourcing, quality and project management operations in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore & Malaysia.
- Change agent who excels at analyzing and streamlining work processes to eliminate non-value added work, reduce product development cycle time, and reduce costs
- Language ability (Written and Spoken) -English, Chinese ( Cantonese, Mandarin ).
- Quality Consultant to Iridium, Inc.
- Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications.
- General Manager, International Procurement Operation for China and South East Asia.
- Ericsson Communications Hong Kong.
- General Manager, Quality / International Procurement Operation for China and South East Asia.
- Procurement engineering management.
Education and Associations
- MSc Manufacturing and Logistics Management, National University of Ireland
- Master in Business Administration, University of Leicester (UK)
- Higher Diploma in Applied Physics, Polytechnic University of Hong Kong