I enjoy helping a client to understand and define what they really need and turning it into a detailed, executable plan. Delivering it, seeing the benefits, not just in terms of cash, inventory, lead time, growth, etc., but also the development of continuous improvement capability and desire to do more is the best part of what I do.
Lee is a strong project and operations manager and certified Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt with 20 years’ experience of project and operations management in sectors including aerospace product development, aviation and airport infrastructure and oil and gas manufacturing. By combining his Lean improvement skills with a project manager’s focus on requirements, deliverables, planning and execution he has led transformation projects in manufacturing operations, strategic business planning, project management process design, product transition to manufacture and airport infrastructure change.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Operational Due Diligence — Pre-acquisition assessment of the target’s current state, maturity and capability in terms of the deal thesis. Sales, engineering, operations, supply chain, ERP/MRP and back office processes are analyzed. The acquisition realization plan is created at this stage so that when the deal completes the improvements can start immediately.
- Operations Management — From sales and operations planning, through new product introduction, SCM and shop-floor processes to customer acceptance. An initial, and necessary, focus on robust operational discipline to get control and predictability stabilizes the business and creates an environment for process improvement.
- Lean Project Delivery — For both manufacturing and service businesses — a data-led analysis of business needs followed by improvement project planning and execution to achieve specific targets, including customer retention, company growth, product lead time reduction, scrap and waste reduction, cash improvement, new client acquisition and site mergers.
- Capital and Infrastructure Project Management — A deliverables–led approach to project planning backed up by rigorous risk analysis results in robust plans and budgets. A focus on client requirements, sub-contractor management, team building, risk management and communications controls costs, ensures no surprises and delivers the project on cost and on time.
- Program Manager
- Operations Manager
- Lean Six-Sigma Business Consultant
Education and Associations
- BSc Communication Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Member IET
- Lean Six-Sigma Black Belt