Finding a solution to a problem is crucial; finding the best solution to a problem is transformative.
For the past seven years, Paul has successfully implemented his formidable engineering and design skills for a number of manufacturers from New York to California. To those skills, Paul has honed an innate leadership and communication style, which has been an asset whether interacting with hourly employees or top executives. He not only designs effective engineering solutions for complex problems, but he is also a hands-on, collaborative team builder. His drive for continuous improvement consistently produces quality results, dramatically improving each client’s bottom line.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Lean Manufacturing — Teaching and Implementing lean tools in order to create a more profitable manufacturing environment.
- Computer Skills — SolidWorks and AutoCAD component and fixture design with a focus on improved ease of manufacturing/DFMA.
- Extensive Welding Experience — (GMAW, FCAW, SMAW, exposure to GTAW)
- Sheet Metal Fabrication — Virtual design and hands-on prototyping and fabrication.
- Western Rubber Supply
- Communicated with executives, administrators, and hourly employees to determine their specific manufacturing needs and challenges.
- Collaborated with another consultant to create a lean manufacturing transition plan to guide WRS on their lean journey.
- Educated key staff members on the critical aspects of lean manufacturing necessary for their transition.
- Praxis Skis
- Designed and Fabricated 5 machines used in the ski manufacturing process.
- Helped transform Praxis from a one year flow to a one week flow.
- Reduced; WIP, Raw material storage, and line turnover time (6 months to 3 weeks).
- Reduced overall ski manufacturing time (8 hours to less than 6 hours.
- Implemented routine maintenance schedule for all production equipment.
- Designed 6 ski models and made all of the tooling required to bring them into production.
- Implemented various SMED techniques to reduce model changeover time (4 hours to 1 hour).
- MACK Molding
- Aided in the design and construction of the assembly lines for two separate mail sorting machines.
- Designed the assembly line for a commercial drink blender with a senior manufacturing engineer.
- Created the corresponding work instructions for all assembly lines.
- Edited various bills of materials to correct purchasing and inventory issues.
- Performed time studies at all stations to improve the balance of the assembly lines.
- Implemented Lean Manufacturing techniques to increase the overall line efficiency by 35%.
- Gained firsthand experience with DFM practices.
- Pierce Engineering
- Engineered and fabricated two machines to remove silicone from printing rollers in preparation for remanufacturing.
- Helped quality assurance engineers examine parts and processes to maintain quality in the production of rollers used in printing applications.
- Enhanced design skills and process evaluation techniques.
- McQuay International
- Designed and dimensioned numerous fixtures that aided factory workers in the assembly process.
- Collaborated with machinists to ensure designed fixtures were built properly and easily.
- Strengthened engineering and communication knowledge in a professional work environment.
- B.S., Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Technology and Economics
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester NY