We believe that you attain significant improvements when you focus on what is important to the customer, and you deliver what they want, when they want it, and in the exact quantities they want.
Robert is an experienced manufacturing operations leader with a proven track record leading to continuous improvement throughout all levels of the manufacturing value stream. Robert’s knowledge and ability using Lean/Six Sigma tools within the Toyota Production System drives operational excellence in all aspects of manufacturing: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Morale and Cost. Robert has transformed companies serving several different markets with a wide range of products operating in low and high volume environments.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Lean/Six Sigma Application — Lean facility assessment and redesign.
- Factory Layout Optimization — Focused on waste elimination and increased throughput velocity reducing overall product lead times.
- Lean/Six Sigma Coaching — Leading the culture shift to continuous improvement throughout all levels of the manufacturing organization: Safety, Quality, Delivery, Morale and Cost.
More than 30 years experience in Manufacturing Operations with the following companies:
- Brunswick Corporation (recreational boat manufacturing) — Vice President Global Boat Operations.
- Emerson (electric motor) — Plant Manager
- Onyx Medical (medical device manufacturing) — Head of Operations.
- Taylor Machine Works (industrial fork lift) — Director of Operations.
- Dana Corporation (hydraulic pumps) — Manufacturing Engineer.
Education and Associations
- B.S. — Industrial Technology, Mississippi State University.
- Green Belt — Lean/Six Sigma.
- Lean Manufacturing Certificate — University of Michigan.
- Demand Flow Certificate — John Costanza Institute of Technology (JCIT).