Our mission is to swiftly deliver an agreed upon transformational solution to your business, and to develop the skills within your team to drive the effort internally in the future.
Tom is a customer-focused, results-oriented business leader with more than 30 years experience in engineering, manufacturing, quality and supply chain. He possesses management and technical expertise in the medical and instrumentation industries as well as multiple engineering and manufacturing operations, both domestically and internationally. He is an innovative leader, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, He also balances his focus on internal and external customers with the financial impact on the business.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Change Management — driving strategic, sustainable change aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Assessment — assessing the needs of an organization and identifying key improvements driving the most benefit.
- Operations Optimization — consolidated facilities, moved operations internationally, restructured cross-functional staff (matrix structure) and facilities (cellular manufacturing, pull process, lean, six sigma, cycle reduction).
- Project leadership — business start-ups, new product & product line start-ups, program execution (toll gate process, war room, drive accountability internal and to customer).
- Recovering programs off target in delivering objectives: product and program cost, schedule and performance to technical / customer requirements.
- International leadership through global assignments, negotiating contracts internationally and GE’s Global Leadership Program.
- Managing Director, IGE Medical Systems, UK
- Manager Nuclear, PET & Ultrasound Manufacturing, GE Medical Systems
- Manager Supplier Quality Engineering, GE Transportation
- Vice President of Operations, Physical Electronics
- Director of Manufacturing Operations, Thermo Fischer Scientific, Madison Operations
- COO PaR Marine, PaR Systems
Education and Associations
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Kentucky
- MBA, Marquette University
- Engineering Management Program, General Electric