Helping client teams think and behave differently in addressing the natural ‘hiccups’ that occur in business processes is the key to successfully changing an organization. By providing consulting support through the implementation of a new process design, client teams can move to new beginnings much more quickly than struggling through the change by themselves.
Tom has extensive experience analyzing business processes and integrating lean principles to address business issues in both the supply chain and the development chain at industrial and life sciences companies. Tom is also recognized as a marketing and strategy expert having implemented market-facing tools and transformational change to address challenges around profitable growth in B2B companies.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Lean Six Sigma — take a process view to reduce the cycle time from customer need identification to delivery.
- Strategic Planning — utilize a bottoms-up approach that begins with market strategy and builds to overall corporate strategy.
- Strategic Marketing — clearly pinpoint attractive market segments, identifying unmet customer needs and quantify the economic value of solutions to address those unmet needs as a basis for profitable growth.
- Innovation Management — clarify the fuzzy front end of the development cycle to improve hit rates and cycle time.
- Supply Chain Management — focus on S&OP with particular attention paid to demand forecasting.
- Program Management — lead cross-functional, global teams through the implementation of strategic initiatives.
- Change Leadership — listen, communicate and train to bring people from old endings to new beginnings as quickly and comfortably as possible.
- Head of Strategic Planning, Marketing & Innovation Management – Arizona Chemical.
- Director of Marketing & Strategy – Hexion Specialty Chemicals.
- Senior Consultant Life Sciences – PRTM
- Lean Six Sigma Consultant – Dove Consulting
- Account, Market and Technical Management – Lubrizol, A Berkshire Hathaway Company
- Process & Project Engineering – Monsanto
- American Express
- Kimberly Clark Healthcare
- Boston Scientific
Education and Associations
- M.B.A., CASE WESTERN RESERVE UNIVERSITY, Cleveland, OH
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, OHIO UNIVERSITY, Athens, OH, Cum Laude, TAU BETA PI