Establishing sustainable, Lean processes will inevitably lead to unmatched, defect-free quality.
Ty has successfully implemented processes learned from his Lean Sigma training throughout a number of manufacturers. Ty’s on-the-floor experience has been an asset whether interacting with hourly employees or top executives. With a clear communication style and a hands-on approach, he not only implements solutions to complex process problems, his emphasis for team building and sustainable practices are strong. His drive for continuous improvement consistently produces quality results, dramatically improving each client’s bottom line.
Individual Areas of Expertise
- Lean Manufacturing — Teaching and Implementing lean tools in order to create a more profitable manufacturing environment.
- Western Rubber Supply
- Communicated with executives, administrators, and hourly employees to determine their specific manufacturing needs and challenges.
- Collaborated with another consultant to create a lean manufacturing transition plan to guide WRS on their lean journey.
- Educated key staff members on the critical aspects of lean manufacturing necessary for their transition.
- Praxis Skis
- Helped transform Praxis from a one-year flow to a one-week flow.
- Reduced; WIP, Raw material storage, and line turnover time (6 months to 3 weeks).
- Reduced overall ski manufacturing time (8 hours to less than 6 hours).
- Implemented routine maintenance schedule for all production equipment.
- Implemented various SMED techniques to reduce model changeover time (4 hours to 1 hour).
- B.A., Clinical Psychology
Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Georgia
- Green Belt, Lean Manufacturing